Sunday 8 February 2009

I'm a big fan of Venus In Furs. Not because it has furs, but because it's a love story. When you compare the writing of Leopold and the Marquis, the styles are very different. To me de Sade has a style like a fantasising schoolboy. But then I remember that he had to smuggle his work out of prison or a lunatic asylum. This obviously gave him little chance to edit and correct. Leopold on the other hand earned his living as a writer, and had as long as he liked to polish his work. To me he is an incurable romanic. (Me too! What are the odds?)

Both authors are well worth the effort to seek out. After all, they lent their names to Masochism and Sadism. (Coined by Richard Freiherr von Krafft-Ebing in 1886 in his book, 'Psychopathia Sexualis'.)

And now, what if Leopold was also into chastity play? Thank you Aria...































P.S. Not to sound too superficial, but Aria Giovanni is one of the most beautiful women on the planet. Check out her images, they're all over the net.

P.P.S. Of course I don't know the woman, so I don't know what she's like on the inside; as a person. But one can always fantasise...

5 comments:

Tom Allen said...

Best one ever!

And I agree about Aria. I don't think she's quite as bitchy as Wanda... but then, that's all part of the fantasy, too.

ptathuk said...

Thank you, kind sir!

mcbeth said...

She IS beautiful. Were I not in my device I would probably have had to take matters into my own hands! Thank goodness for me CB 3000! BTW, if you're reading these, have you ever thoght about locking up and them mailing yourself the keys? Since I have no keyholder, it's a fantasy but I worry about them getting lost in the mail. What do you think?

Unknown said...

your posts are all so insightful and tantalizing, but this one is my current favorite. By the way, I've become addicted to your blog, I check it every day. I guess you could say I've become obsessive compulsive about it!

ptathuk said...

mcbeth,

I've just noticed your comments on a number of my blogs. Sorry for not seeing them sooner. Not quite got the hang of comment management, yet. I'd like to thank you for your encouragement.

Yes, the UK suffers from a postal service in decline. This is not something I'd do. But you could try sending the keys to a distant friend by courier? They ensure you get a signature, at least.


j,

LOL. Thank you. Always nice to hear from a fan!


Thanks guys

ptathuk