Friday 6 March 2009

Boots made for NOT walking

Rumour has it that high heels were invented by men to keep their women under control. (Very difficult to run in stilettos.) To coin a phrase: the times they are a-changing.

I've often thought that in this time of sexual equality, it is an inordanent waste of time to ever think total equality is possible. The sexes lead in different areas, and that is as good as it can get. Before you start pelting me with rotten fruit; men can't give birth. See? Men might do the asking out (most of the time), but the women knows if he's going to get lucky almost immediately. And then there's the whole area of FemDom. (My personal favourite.)

I think Leopold put it best in his book, Venus in Furs. Severin observes that in any relationship one must be the hammer while the other is the anvil. With this arrangement, I think, it's possible to make things, like a loving relationship.

No comments: