Tuesday 21 July 2009

Living My Life Again

What if life came with a remote and it had a rewind button. I suppose what prompted this line of fantasy is the phrase, 'Youth is wasted on the young'.

Having finally figured out what makes me hot, it would be great to have the vigour of youth to fully enjoy it. The other attraction must be: we're all geniuses in hindsight. Having the money to invest in a litle company approached by IBM to make an operating system, when the little company was operating out of a garage. (Microsoft, for those not into computers.) This would leave all the time for indulgence. Another fantastic fantasy!

6 comments:

Giles English said...

Dunno. If I'd know about chastity belts earlier, I can think of at least one dysfunctional relationship I'd still be stuck in. Fetish can be a way of trying to dodge growing up.

But... it would have been hot :)

ptathuk said...

Giles,

You're right. There is no substitute for love, when playing these games. But I would argue that playing these games is the adult equivilent of 'Doctors & Nurses', or 'Cops & Robbers', whe we were young. I think those games strengthened friendships, fetish games should strengthen a relationship, if you're doing it right.

ptathuk

Giles English said...

Yes. Relationships with BDSM in them are great whatever your age. God knows I spent some of my late teens tied to a bed...

But, purely BDSM relationships have their dangers to young obsessive men. Had some older lady scooped me up in my early 20s, I'm not sure I would have ever escaped.

ptathuk said...

Giles,

Knowing what you now know, would you have stood in the scoop zone, thumbing a lift with your 'Obsession or Bust' sign?

ptathuk

Giles English said...

Yes, because even with the knowledge, I'd still have been 21 - and there is the problem.

ptathuk said...

Giles,

Sounds like a lovely fantasy.

ptathuk